Thursday, June 12, 2008

[6/12]Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III to break all-time records?



Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III after the first day it went on sale, pretty much broke Mariah Carey's record for the year at about 400,000. Since, this album is such a special occasion, they've been keeping track of the album sales day-to-day. As of yesterday, 4 P.M. eastern, Universal has recorded that Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III has sold anywhere from 900,000-940,000 copies. Obviously, this is the record of 2008, the most highly anticipated album of the year, nowhere even near the record holder of this year. To think all the people that I know in life that told me "Carter III is wack".

Me, I am a big Lil Wayne fan(as you can see from my banner), I will try to keep you up-to-date with the album sales. It is truly something interesting to follow, the questions now are did the leaks actually help?Was The Empire telling the truth when Cash Money Records had this leak project all planned out?

No comments: