Thursday, June 12, 2008

[6/11]Day 1

To begin with, this will be a new section, I will be adding to my blog that I have not had in my previous blogs, in which, I will discuss my thoughts of the day. As you all know, an unfortunate incident occured at my old blog at djmikeaveli.blogspot.com(R.I.P.), so due to an unspecified reason, I made this new blog at mikeaveli-music.blogspot.com(Note:change your links right now, affiliate or visitor, please change it now). There will be changes though, in my old blog, I posted everything that leaked on the net during the day for your one-stop, however, I asked myself do I really enjoy doing this all I do is upload a bunch of content, I do not even get to listen to music anymore because of how unorganized I am. And then, the files I want you to download get put all the way in the bottom and were not even looked at because of how many posts I had. In my 1st blog, which I had runnin for almost a month, I was not even close to the number of posts, I had in 1 week with my old blog.

From now on, this will be your Rap music blog. I hope that with this blog I can bring back your love to Rap music. I have seen that lately r&b, and a milli freestyles is what you see on the blogs in a daily basis, since its what the people want, its what the major artists are doing. I also hope that in addition to promoting Rap music, I can also promote the up-and-coming rap talent. I will not be posting full retail albums, and everything that leaks anymore, instead I will be posting rap music that is iPod quality.

Believe me, you will like the new look on my blog, I will also try to do more djing, by bringing you original Mikeaveli mixes, and maybe even making some mixtapes myself. Now, I am a blogger, not your lovable bootlegger. Now on to my thoughts of the day.

To begin with, as most of you would know, I went out yesterday to buy my copy of Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III. I wanted to support Lil Wayne, but in addition, I wanted to grab the official thing. I was actually impressed at how crazy I was to grab my copy, after I had already listened to the whole album. So, I got my copy and after getting the time to actually go through the whole thing with no pauses or nothing, I concluded I went so crazy over an album that was really nothing special. But, apparently I wasn't the only one that went crazy, as 423,000 others bought the album yesterday.

To keep things short, if you like music, I'd recommend you get it. The production values of the album are truly amazing, the lyrical content, however, is not. But, if you like music, you will truly enjoy this. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't something that should have sold 423,000 copies on the 1st days it hit the stores. Wayne's album will set a record and it will go platinum, I believe that by the end of the week, 1 million copies will be sold.

So, who saw the Lakers-Celtics game. I saw part of it, nothing special if you were a celtics fan or just a basketball fan. But, if you were a big Kobe fan, such as me, it wasn't that bad an MVP performance from Mr. Bryant, and a Lakers win :) . Also, read my write-up on the Tim Donaghy situation, for more Basketball news. Did you hear, Young Jeezy has joined the many artists that have opened an online social networking site to promote their music, and will be releasing an official mixtape exclusively on the new site soon. A good move on Jeezy's part, that thisis50.com is a gold mine, and this means more new Young Jeezy :) .

Before I go, I been looking at the clicks on the links through Linkbucks. And, I noticed there have been very few links for the Grizz mixtape and the Larsiny Family Gossip Freestyle. Seriously, if your not going to check these two out then honestly you have no interest in Rap Music. And, you might as well get out of my blog, because if your hoping for me to post a full retail album for you, it's not happening anytime soon.

No comments: